An impact evaluation course designed for Economics master’s and PhD students. A lot of programming in with an emphasis on building intuition using Montecarlo simulation. Students in the past started referring to me by the name “ cand” halfway through the course.
1h45 per week, for 14 weeks; 2 problem sets, take-home midterm, take-home final.
What are the five identification strategies in impact evaluation?
- IV: Instrumental Variables
- RCT: Randomized Controlled Trials
- RDD: Regression Discontinuity Design
- DID: Difference-in-Differences or Panel Data
- OLS/PSM: Least squares or matching (on observables)